Monday, September 16, 2013

speech


The children are presenting their speeches in Week 8 on Friday, there has been information come home regarding their speech topic and the criteria.  There is always support from school but if your child wants to do it from home they can do that also. Please come and see me if there is any questions.

Eisteddfod Speech

Eisteddfod is a Welsh festival of literature, music and performance.

Friday 20th September 

The students will be getting ideas from school and writing their speech at home with support from school. They will present them to Room 1, 2 and 5 during the middle block next Froday We spoke about ideas today and how their speech might be written and presented. They may might to change their topic over the weekend.

1.     Choose a topic or idea they know well
2.    Have a surprising, exciting, interesting, amazing opening. Mrs Moors gave some examples Friday.
3.    Write lots of detail about their topic or idea so that the audience remains interested. Paint a picture.
4.    Conclude with strong point to end!


3
2
1
Attention Grabber
I grabbed the entire class’s attention in the beginning of my speech
I was able to grab some of the class’s attention during my speech
I wasn’t able to grab anyone’s attention during the speech
Main Idea
I stated the main idea of my speech and remained on topic the entire time
I stated the main idea of my speech at the beginning, but got a little of topic
I didn’t state a main idea and talked about more than two different things.
Presentation
My voice was loud enough for all to hear. I made eye contact often.  I painted a picture for my audience using descriptive words
My voice was loud at the start and then lowered.  I only made eye contact once.  I used some descriptive language to paint a picture
My voice was very quiet.  I never looked up from my paper to make eye contact.  I didn’t paint a picture with my words.
Time Limit
2
1
I stayed within a suitable time limit and presented my speech to a high standard.
My speech didn’t have enough detail in it or I went too fast!
Respect
I was respectful towards my other classmates when giving their speech.   I listened.  I did not talk. I remained seated.
I was respectful for some of my other classmates during their speeches. I listened to a few.  I talked to my neighbour. I got up out of my seat once.
I wasn’t respectful to my other classmates. I continued to talk during their speech.  I did not listen.  I was constantly getting up out of my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 9 Important information

Hi everyone Well, this is the last blog for the year. The time has just flown by! What's on this week? Junior School Christmas Crafts...